Crypto market update
Bitcoin (BTC) continues to slip due to rising Russian/Ukraine tensions and fell 3.29% to 36.6k. The geopolitical unrest continues to increase fears in the global markets.
Decentralized Social (DESO) $42.27 +8.7%
Anchor Protocol (ANC) $2.46 +6.8%
Wonderland (TIME) $312.75 +4.4%
Lido DAO (LDO) $1.70 +24%
Bitcoin Fear and Greed Index: 20 Extreme Fear
Bitcoin “Google” Trends: 38
Bitcoin “Crypto” Trends: 32
Russia situation escalates
Last night, Russia’s President Vladimir Putin signed decrees to recognize the independence of separatist republics in eastern Ukraine.
To further ramp up tensions, “peacekeeping forces” have been deployed to the regions.
Meanwhile, Canada votes to extend the controversial Emergency Act.
And the crypto crackdown continues, with Canada’s Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) reporting tweets from Kraken CEO Jesse Powell and Coinbase’s Brian Armstrong that clearly criticized the government’s emergency powers.
Major crypto news
- It’s not all doom and gloom, as Manchester City begins building the famed Etihad Stadium in the metaverse alongside Sony, where it will webcast virtual football matches in the future.
- White hat hacker @Tree_of_Alpha has been awarded 250k from Coinbase for discovering a trading feature flaw which would have allowed a “malicious user to sell BTC or any other coin without owning them.”
- California State Senator, Sydney Kamlager, introduced a bill which would allow for cryptocurrency payments for government services.
- Nayib Bukele, President of El Salvador, looks to offer citizenship to foreign investors. “The plan is simple: as the world falls into tranny, we’ll create a haven for freedom.”
- Intel unveils its ASIC Bitcoin mining rig that contains a blockchain chip “1000x” faster than other mining graphics processing units (GPU).
- BuyTheBroncosDAO is attempting to purchase the National Football League’s (NFL) Denver Broncos in what could be a landmark purchase.
- The Mars Protocol on Terra initiated the “Mars lockdrop” to lock its stablecoin, UST, in exchange for a time period to receive Mars Protocol’s native token.
- Liquidity staking for Kusama is now available on Moonriver through Lido Protocol.
Uncertainty is high, and fear is even higher. Buying opportunity? Perhaps, but there’s no denying that we could be in for more pain. So, at the very least, make sure you keep dry powder ready to deploy further down the line. Be sure to tune in to the shows today for a full market and macro update!