Impostors has to be one of the most eagerly anticipated projects in the crypto space.
And if there is one thing we have learnt in his 5-year crypto journey so far, it’s this: Don’t bet against Ellio!
- Public mint was a huge success.
- Extensive NFT utility.
- Rich and multi-layered roadmap.
The Impostors Metaverse launched on March 27 with the Impostors Genesis Aliens, a collection of 10k unique NFTs that can be used within the Impostors Metaverse.
The NFTs are a 360 degree video of a playable character from the upcoming Impostors Play-To-Earn (P2E) game, designed in collaboration with top-tier artists from Disney and Pixar.
Those lucky enough to have secured a whitelist spot were able to mint their NFTs 48 hours before the public mint launched on March 29, 2022.
The initial mint price for an NFT was 0.69 ETH or 3100 $SUPER for those on the whitelist (0.96 ETH for the public mint). Within just four minutes, all the remaining NFTs were scooped up. Although the project has now SOLD OUT on the Impostors website, you can still head over to OpenSea and grab one there! However, be aware, within days, the floor price has already risen to 2.27 ETH.
Why the buzz?
Imposters is a long-term project with an exciting roadmap ahead, offering unique utility to NFT holders.
Taken from the project’s MetaPaper itself, the Impostors Metaverse is a social-gaming metaverse on a mission to:
- Act as a bridge between the existing Web2 gaming culture and the promise of Web3 technology.
- Provide creators with robust tools to build and monetize original game modes and rich universes within the Impostors Metaverse.
- Provide players with fun social-gaming environments that contain opportunities to earn.
The game will initially be focused around social deduction gameplay, a gameplay style that is wildly underdeveloped right now, with no Triple-A gaming studio competitors.
However, social deduction is only the first game mode, with many more to come.
In the spirit of true decentralization, the game will offer a tool-kit for users to generate their own content, and a sandbox where users can make modified maps and create custom game modes.
This is something that no Triple-A gaming studio will be releasing any time soon. At best, they will be offering NFTs that could potentially be used in their own games.
And on the note of decentralization, the game’s economy will be entirely decentralized.
There is currently a proposal on the SuperFarm DAO which, if passed, will impose a 5% ecosystem tax on all peer-to-peer transactions within the metaverse. These funds will go into the DAO Treasury, which will be controlled by token holders.
Along with the Genesis Aliens NFTs, with which holders will be able to earn the native in-game token called BLOOD, comes a Genesis Season Roadmap incentivizing owners to hold their NFTs and reward them right from the get-go.
Over the coming weeks, holders can expect to:
- Stake their Genesis Aliens in order to earn BLOOD rewards. These can be used to claim the subsequent items within the Genesis Season.
- Use BLOOD to mint the supplementary asset classes of UFOs and PETS.
- Receive boxes of MATERIALS needed to upgrade the UFOs and train their Pets, as well as receive in-game COSMETICS for future character customization.
- Gain access to the Closed BETA of Impostors.
- Claim LAND. It’s worth noting that you need to hold onto the full set of everything above in order to claim land, which isn’t an NFT on its own, but rather a bundle of those existing NFTs. Land is probably the most important part of the Impostors Metaverse to own, because he who controls the land, controls the MATERIALS needed to use in the game.
The depth and complexity of the project cannot be understated. There are multiple layers of fun to be had.
Other than the base PAE game, and all the different custom modes we can expect users to make using the toolkits, there is still much more at the core.
- Expect to be able to enter into battles with your Pets, as well as the ability to evolve them.
- Also, be prepared to upgrade and customize your UFOs.
- And get those COSMETICS, giving you a chance at increasing your rewards.
In order to do the above, you’ll need BLOOD tokens and land.
So, get ahead of the game while it’s early.
It’s hard not to be bullish on this one
Ellio’s ability to see round the corner is second to none: He called the NFT, gaming and metaverse trends long before most. And he got busy building.
By all accounts, he received multiple high-end offers for partnerships and investments for the Imposters game, all of which he turned down, believing that they would serve neither the process nor the game’s long-term prospects.
He speaks about this and much more in his recent video update. Go check it out!
For more information on why we are so bullish on this project, check out this deep-dives article on SuperFarm NFTs and their utility.
Amazing products appeal to mainstream users, and we think Impostors will do just that.
Ellio wanted to build something that would hold users and keep growing, irrespective of market conditions.
As always, DYOR (do your own research).
But don’t bet against Ellio! His commitment, resilience and passion are beginning to bear fruit, and we couldn’t be more excited to see what’s coming.
We look forward to having him on tomorrow’s Friday Banter show!