Article contributed by CryptoCookied
These are not all my investments, just the ones I’m relying on for monthly passive income.
In 2021 most of my investments were on the Ethereum network and Binance Smart Chain. My goals for this year involve migrating most of my investments to Fantom Chain, Avalanche, Harmony and Terra.
Disclaimer: I am not sponsored or affiliated with any of the projects/companies mentioned in this article. This is not financial advice, the information in this article is for educational purposes only. Never invest what you can’t afford to lose. I disclaim any liability or loss incurred by any person who acts on the information, ideas, or strategies discussed in my articles. Do Your Own Research.
Listed in the order I personally consider the lowest to highest risk, these are my strategies for 2022.
6. Staking DAI and MIM for 9-23% APY on Beefy.Finance Fantom Network. And staking UST on Anchor protocol for 19% APY.
5. Staking my staple HODLs of 2021 on Moonwallet, Coinbase & Kraken. ALGO, ADA, DOT, XTZ for 4–12% APY. Why on these sites? For the sake of “stability”. Coinbase and Kraken I trust to stick around. Coinbase also allows me to use their debit card fueled by crypto.
4. Staking CAKE on Pancakeswap(BSC) in the auto-compounding syrup pool currently earns me 2USD per day. CAKE was one of my favorite plays for 2021 and was pretty profitable for me that year. While I’ve moved most of my holdings out of CAKE and into the Fantom network, I still keep enough in CAKE to earn a small amount per day.
3. Staking LP on Fantom networks. FTM-DAI, FTM-MIM to earn $BOO. I then stake the BOO to get xBOO and stake in the wFTM on Spookyswap. TOMB-FTM I believe is a strong LP pairing, and I stake that on Beefy.Finance.
2. Rebase Staking on Fantom & Avalanche network. I bond/mint for HEC, PRXY & TIME and stake them on their respective locations. I sell my position when the token is high and reenter when it finishes bottoming out, and I always cash out what I earned from rebasing. I do consider Rebase to be short-term highly profitable and long-term questionable. They aren’t sustainable as they exist currently and I expect dramatic changes soon. If you invest in a Rebase project, be sure to wrap the token you receive from the rebase for tax purposes.
Update 1/26/2022: Due to the situation with TIME & wMEMO, I think it’s really important to be cautious with Rebase plays. I want to be clear my method is that I dip in for the high APY, wait for the claim to become available, and exit out of the token in profit. I do not HODL stake, because I never trusted Rebase to work long term. I only use daily and weekly models in crypto. Most Rebase projects have a calculator, I use it and look at what I’ll get in 1-7 days only. Never months. Then I sell my entire position to avoid too much market volatility with the price.
Here’s an example:
1. Passive income “Node” plays. This is my highest risk play for 2022. When you purchase a node your tokens are consumed to obtain the node. Each day you earn an amount from your node and have the choice to either compound for more, or claim and take profit with a claim tax added. Currently, I am in several different node projects, but I’ll only list the ones I feel have for the moment stabilized: Thor Nodes, Power Nodes, VaporNodes. I hope to add Hive Investments in the future after I have access to their documentation.
I invested in these nodes back in December and I expect a 6-month shelf life. I hope to be proven wrong, but my expectation is a max of 4 months to try and get back my initial investment. I hope to profit for 2 months following that before they either have to change the rewards down to reasonable levels or risk running out of liquidity.
If you’re interested in how I research node projects consider my article below:
I’ll keep updating you on the progress of these investments.
Article contributed by CryptoCookied